Home Projects

Vanity, Eh.


…and that’s about it.

I got it primed this weekend, and I’m pretty proud of myself.  It was rainy and gross this weekend, my allergies are just being flat out rude and making my life hard, so it was really tempting to spend all of Friday evening and all day Saturday in bed.  But I didn’t!  Even with the use of a scraper, I couldn’t get any of the paint on the door to peel off.  So I put on about 100 rubber gloves, mixed up some TSP with water, cleaned the entire vanity really well, dried it off, and started priming.


This is the primer I used, primarily because my mom had a bunch of it leftover from some project she had done and gave it to me FO FREE!  I love free stuff, people.

This is the cabinet in its current state:


All primed!  Ugly drawer pulls removed!

I still need to fill in the extra holes from the smaller pulls that were on the drawers and door at some point, sand it a little, and then (obviously) paint and put on the new pulls.  We picked the color already, just haven’t gone and purchased the paint yet.  It’ll get done in the next couple weeks, I’m sure.  I’m just way too tired to do anything else at this point.

We went to dinner and a movie on Saturday night; the movie didn’t start until 9, and of course it ended up being a crazy long movie, so we got home at around 11:30-11:45ish.  And then I discovered that the food I ate at the restaurant did not agree with me, so I barely slept.  Anthony is out of town this week for a training in Indiana.  We had to leave the house at 3:30am on Sunday morning so he could be at the airport by 5 for his 6:30 flight.  Naturally, I slept the whole way to the airport.  Since we live so far north of the airport and I had plans with a friend back in the Seattle area later that day, I opted to just go to my parent’s house and go back to sleep on their couch for a couple hours, instead of driving all the way back home, only to turn around a few hours later to drive all the way back.  I went and had brunch with my friend, which was awesome, then had to go back to my parent’s house to celebrate my brother’s birthday with dinner and a movie.  I finally got home around 9pm, and to bed at about 11ish.  I had a LOT to do when I got home.  The kitchen was a mess, the dog had knocked over his water bowl all over the floor of the laundry room so I had to dry all that up, I needed to lay out my outfit for work today, get my meals ready for today, take a shower, watch GoT (WAHHHHHHH HODOR), and then of course, lay in bed and be all anxious and unable to fall asleep.  Because of course.

So maybe I’ll get around to painting the vanity this weekend.  I hope I do.  We’ll see.  Right now, I’m too dang tired to want to do anything other than take a nap.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s